Sunday 19 May 2013

It's been a while.....

Forgive me father for I have sinned, it's been ages since my last blog post...

Well as you can imagine with 4 tiny tearaways, things have been hectic here. Which is not unusual but I have had to have a little break from writing the blog to get some things in order in the Hardy house. However, I'm back!

Today the Hardy Boys did a sponsored race, which was in aid of pass it on Africa. Www.pioafrica.org.uk and raised £180 in doing so. Danny, Taylor and Sonny who are aged 6, 4 and 1 all ran 500m and the money raised goes to help support education in Africa. There are a few reasons that I like the boys to be aware of these events and where possible, take part.

Although some people believe that Great Britain isn't as great as it used to be (and I'm not going to get into that as we all have our views) I believe that we are lucky to live here. Yes, there aren't as many jobs as we need but there are jobs and those jobs pay relatively fairly. We don't have to scrounge all day through a rubbish tip to earn enough for half a bowl of rice. Yes, education isn't always as great as it could be, but it's an education that our children are deemed entitled to, no matter of their gender or social standing. I want my children to grow up grateful for the opportunities that they get from living in this country and realise that not all people are quite so lucky. I know that some people won't agree with me and that's fine but its how I want my children to be brought up.

Taylor, aged 4 proudly explained to his aunty this morning that the money they raised could buy 35 nets and that means that 35 children wouldn't get bitten by flies and be poorly (his own words).

The race was fantastic, seeing so many people all dressed as heroes. The boys saw the power rangers and teenage mutant ninja turtles and believed they were the real thing and just about managed to stop themselves asking for an autograph. Leigh was the same when we saw Super Ted ;).

Thank you to everyone that sponsored the boys and there is still time to do so even though they have completed the race:

At

Http://Www.justgiving.com/thehardyboys

Or you can text

DTSH99 £5 (or any amount) to 70070

Thank you......

No comments:

Post a Comment