Sunday 3 March 2013

My best friend is a celebrity.....

Not really, but here it is...

Why are celebrities so important to us? Why do we look up to them? Why does it make our birthday so much better if we are wished a 'happy birthday' by one of them?

Since I joined twitter I've made it a bit of a mission to get a celebrity to reply to my tweets, well not just a celebrity but any of them.

Ant and Dec: I stalked them through the medium of social media for the entire series of "I'm a celebrity 2011" until I received the "what is boobest and fanniest anyway?" Tweet from Dec. That one takes a lot of explaining but basically culminated from me tweeting them a picture of me topless!! (Ok it was a bronze, airbrushed to within an inch of their life version of what I should look like but I claimed it was me) .

Boy George: I asked him to send my mum a tweet to wish her a happy 50th birthday as a) he had recently turned 50 and b) my mum is basically in love with him! He replied with a lovely birthday message and made her day and then proceeded to follow her on twitter (but not me, even though I literally danced my socks off at one of his gigs whilst 8 and a half months pregnant)!! Haha

Peter James: Literally the best author. I share a lot of my reading material with the aforementioned mother and she told me she had read a good book by Peter James and that I should give it a go. Well 8 books later I am completely hooked. I have sent Mr James various tweets about my appreciation for his writing style and also that his books had kept me company through the last few weeks of a difficult pregnancy (see previous post RE: stroke). I have had a reply to every single tweet and it makes you feel that he actually values his readers opinions.

Martin Lewis: This man is actually a guru! I subscribed to his Money Saving expert email (and recommend that everybody do the same) and have saved hundreds of pounds following his advice. Cheaper energy bills, reusing leftover food, shopping around etc etc. We live a very comfortable life seeing as there are 6 of us in this house living on my lovely hubby's wage and I honestly believe that it's because we follow the very savvy advice of Martin Lewis. Anyway I digress, I tweeted the man himself to express gratitude and he replied with a thank you!

Kym Lomas (Marsh): one of her children share a birthday with my son, so she tweeted me to wish him a happy birthday. A lovely tweet from a lovely lady, however my son was none the wiser.

Alex Winters: This one gave me celebrity status amongst the Hardy boys for about 3 hours!! I shared a small conversation comparing hangovers (of all things) and the boys thought it was amazing that I was talking to "their Alex from cbeebies"

I recently went to be in the audience for britains got talent, and what did I enjoy the most? The quality time I got to spend with already mentioned twice mother? NO. Seeing the raw talent of some amazing performers? NO. Meeting Simon Cowell and David Walliams was the highlight of my day.

I know that all of this makes me very shallow and there are more important things in life but for some reason I know that I will continue to pursue a reply from a celebrity every so often, and then go on and on and on about it all day to people that couldn't give 2 sh*ts !!

If I could have a conversation with anybody famous I would love it to be Martin Luther King or Winston Churchill. Who would you choose??

4 comments:

  1. lol - there comes an immense pride with getting a tweet back from a celeb doesn't there! HA! ;) I love David Walliams - would like a tweet back from him one day ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one!! I have tweeted him loads but to no Avail as yet ;) x

      Delete
  2. Loving your blog:). I have had a reply from Philip Schofield and now he is following me. It made my day!! lol. Anyway I look forward to more of your blog:) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, not only a reply but also a follow. The only famous person that follows me is Tony from the group east 17 haha

      Delete